Join Vanderbilt’s Relay For Life Team
April 19, 2011
Mark your calendars for American Cancer Society‘s Relay For Life, a 24-hour family event where each team member takes turns walking/running around the track. Relay For Life is a time when teams of people come together to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost and raise awareness for the fight against cancer. During the walk, there are several events that occur to honor cancer survivors and remember those who lost their battle.
Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center is pleased to be fielding teams for both the Williamson County and the Davidson County relays. Whether you’re a Vanderbilt faculty/staff member, a patient, family member or simply a friend of Vanderbilt, we would love your participation.
Davidson County Relay For Life
- May 13th at LP Field
- Begins at 6 p.m. on Friday and ends at 6 a.m. on Saturday morning
- Contact Jennifer Rice to participate in Vanderbilt’s Relay team
During Relay For Life of Nashville, Kidz Zone, which are themed laps, and team activities will take place, such as word games, sack races, and an obstacle course. Kidz Zone will have different themed laps every hour beginning at 7 p.m. with the last lap at 5 a.m. The themes are as follows:
- 7 p.m.- Lifesaver Lap(i.e. candy, round floats)
- 8 p.m.- Crazy Hats Lap
- 9 p.m.- Hugs and Snugs Lap(i.e.stuffed animals/throws)
- 10 p.m.- YMCA Lap(DJ plays the song)
- 11 p.m.- Poker Lap(i.e. game cards, sticks, fire poker)
- 12 a.m.- Backwards Lap
- 1 a.m.- Jump Rope La
- 2 a.m.- Bunny Hop Lap
- 3 a.m.- Chicken Dance Lap
- 4 a.m.- Egg Holding Lap (plastic-not in hand)
- 5 a.m.-Macarena Lap(DJ plays the song)
Williamson County Relay For Life
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.